East Grinstead Target Shooting Club
While you're stuck at home buying Christmas online don't forget to use EasyFundRaising.
FREE DONATION for East Grinstead TSC whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday.
Club Closed !
As a result of the national lockdown announcement made by the government on Saturday 31 October, the club will be closed from Thursday 5 November until, at least, Wednesday 2 December. All sessions between these dates will be cancelled.
The booking system will be closed until further notice.
See Calendar for details. [Link to Calendar].
Unfortunately, the induction process will have to be suspended until the club re-opens.
Competitions Update (01/11/2020)
As of 01 November we have received the following information regarding extensions, timetables and cancellations for this and future seasons.
Winter Season 2019-20
Most competitions have finished but there are a few exceptions:
- Congratulations to Malcolm Brain and Trevor Wilde (Prone Rifle) & Michael Arditti (Air Pistol) who all qualified for the final of the delayed 2020 NSRA/Eley competition. The final will be a postal shoot with a closing date of 30 November.
- * This deadline is likely to be extended. *
- * Good News *
- The City of London finals, originally scheduled for April, changed to a postal event and then cancelled have now been re-instated due to popular demand. They will be run on a postal basis. Cards are available now and finalists have until 22 February 2021 to shoot them.
- The following, delayed, Eastbourne finals will now take place as postal competitions.
- Spain & Albury
- Cardwell ladies
- Caffyn Cup
- Veterans Cup
- Russell Cup
- Spicer Cup
- The cards will be available shortly and you have until 20 December to shoot them. The finalists will be notified individually when the cards arrive.
- We are still awaiting further information about the Coronation Cup and Clayton Bowl.
Winter Season 2020-21
If you want to register your interest in taking part in one or more of the Winter competitions: email, email@example.com
- * November Entries *
- Eastbourne Cup Competitions – Entries are now being accepted for the following competitions – Closing date 23 November:
- Spain & Albury Challenge Cup
- Cardwell Ladies Cup
- Caffyn Cup (Self-handicap)
- Veterans Cup (Over 60’s)
- Russell Cup (Club team of 3)
- Spicer Cup (Average 92 or below)
- Winter 50m
- * December Entries *
- The NSRA/Eley 2021 competition has been announced. Entries will close 16 December. Stage 1 to be shot by 25 January 2021; Stage 2 by 10 May 2021. Finals details will be published with stage 2 results and may be postal or shoulder-to-shoulder at Bisley depending on the Covid-19 situation at that time.
* Other Competitions *
- Worthing & West Sussex SBRA have announced they will be running a Winter 20-21 Individual Postal Open. There will be separate 50m, 100yds & Dewar competitions shot in classes. Entries will close 19 February 2021, cards to be shot by 31 March 2021. See NSRA website for more details and entry forms.
The club has adopted a policy of supporting our local leagues by entering at least one team (if possible) in all competitions.
Further information on the Winter season will be published here and/or distributed to members as it becomes available. Please watch this space.
NSRA Scorers Courses
Further details of the course are here.
The course booked for Sunday 08th November will be postponed until after the lockdown.
If anyone is interested in attending please let me know. Covid19 secure procedures will be in place.
If you are interested in attending a course, please contact Mike Kettle.
Latest Competitions Update here.
Rifles for Sale
There are a few members rifles for sale, so if you are in the market for your own rifle, speak to Peter Watson who will be able to advise.
Club Classified Ads
The club uses Sport Shooters Clubhouse for this purpose.