East Grinstead Target Shooting Club
Club Open !
Following the recent announcement by the government of new, tighter restrictions on social gatherings, I can confirm that this does NOT affect our shooting at East Grinstead. Sport England has been in contact with the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) and confirmed, via the NSRA website, that "... we can continue to shoot provided we maintain the current system of operating". So, as long as you don't come to the club in groups of more than six, and do observe all our Covid-19 safety protocols while you are there, everything can carry on as before.
The range is now open on a regular basis on Tuesday & Friday evenings for indoor shooting, including air pistol. We are also open for shooting on ALL ranges on ONE day each weekend, alternating between Saturday and Sunday.
Sessions on all ranges up to and including 18 October are available to book now. See Calendar for details. [Link to Calendar]
There is just ONE session each day with a maximum of 6 places available; 2 @ 100yd, and 4 @ 50m. There should be plenty of time to get through up to 5 details, allowing shooters to take a break part way through if need be.
If you want to shoot a Dewar set ie both distances, please book a 100yd slot and the Duty Officer will arrange the individual details on the day.
After due consideration we have decided to increase the range capacity to 3 shooters at a time, using one firing point to the left of the dividing wall and two on the far side.
Evening - There are 3 sessions each evening, but only 3 places on each. You should have enough time to shoot 3 cards per session.
Weekend - There will be 4 sessions each day, but only 3 places on each. You should have enough time to shoot 3 cards per session.
The Air Range will be open at the same time as the indoor range both mid week and weekends.
There are 3 sessions each time, but only 2 places on each. Timetabling is slightly different for the Air range as changeover between sessions is a much simpler exercise.
Full details of the new timetabling for both indoor, outdoor and air ranges can be found here. [Link to Timetable]
Booking a Firing Point
Before booking a place you need to read the Covid-19 Procedure. This is the full version. A simplified (one page) version is avilable at the club.
Once you've done this there is a quick link on the Home nemu
Members using Club Kit
The majority of these members have now been allocated kit. The final two will be sorted as soon as they feel able to attend.
Which means we can now turn our attention to sorting out a protocol for dealing with new members.
Competitions Update (19/9/2020)
As of 19 September we have received the following information regarding extensions, timetables and cancellations for this and future seasons.
Winter Season 2019-20
Most competitions have finished but there are a few exceptions:
- The extended deadline for the Winter NSRA Team competitions has now passed and we expect to receive the final results shortly.
- The deadline for some of the elite Individual National Championships has been extended until 4 October.
- The deadline for stage 2 of the NSRA/Eley competition has been extended until 21 September. The final will change to a postal shoot on the home range with a closing date of 30 November.
- The Sussex finals, postponed from 4 April, will now take place as postal competitions. Cards are available in your slots now with a red date of 24 October.
- We await further information regarding the Eastbourne finals
Summer Season 2020
- The West Kent Summer season, which began just before lockdown, restarted at the end of August but unfortunately, due to a failure in communication, we only found out about it a few days ago. After consultation with those involved it was decided to withdraw our teams as the practicalities of continuing were insurmountable.
- Bideford TSC are also running a Summer competition. Closing date for entries, 30 September, shoot by 31 October. Details from their website, www.bidefordtargetshootingclub.org
- We are not aware of any other Summer competitions.
Winter Season 2020-21
The Polar Bear stickers have arrived and the cards are in your slots now. The usual restriction, that cards may only be shot up to 3 rounds in advance has been waived for this season.
Please use the online booking system to register your interest in taking part in one or more of the Winter competitions.
- * LAST CALL * The Eastbourne League are planning to run both their team and individual competitions this Winter. Registration for the team league is available on the booking system now, closing date 21 September. Details of the individual competitions are expected shortly and will be published as soon as they arrive.
- The registration window for entering the NSRA Winter competitions has been extended until 30 September. Rounds 1-5 of the team leagues have a shoot by date of 1 February 2021; Rounds 6-10 must be completed by 29 March 2021.
- The West Kent league will be running their usual competitions this Winter. Entries for the 25yd team league (now a team of 4) and the 50m Any Sights (team of 3) are available now and will close on 11 October. Entries for the 39th Annual Prince William of Wales shoot will close on 25 October.
- The NSRA/Eley 2021 competition has been announced. Entries will close 16 December. Stage 1 to be shot by 25 January 2021; Stage 2 by 10 May 2021. Finals details will be published with stage 2 results and may be postal or shoulder-to-shoulder at Bisley depending on the Covid-19 situation at that time.
Entries Closed - Further details will be published when the stickers arrive.
• Sussex County
• City of London
Competitions NOT running
No information yet
• Portslade & West Hove
The club has adopted a policy of supporting our local leagues by entering at least one team (if possible) in all competitions.
Further information on the Winter season will be published here and/or distributed to members as it becomes available. Please watch this space.
NSRA Scorers Courses
Further details of the course are here.
I have received some requests for another course. If anyone is interested in attending please let me know and I will arrange it. Covid19 secure procedures will be in place.
If you are interested in attending a course, please contact Mike Kettle.
Latest Competitions Update here.
FREE DONATION for East Grinstead TSC whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday.
Rifles for Sale
There are a few members rifles for sale, so if you are in the market for your own rifle, speak to Peter Watson who will be able to advise.
Club Classified Ads
The club uses Sport Shooters Clubhouse for this purpose.