East Grinstead Target Shooting Club
Corona Virus - Latest Update
In the last few days there has been a flurry of announcements from the NSRA regarding current and future competitions so it seemed appropriate to publish a status update. We expect further announcements from the Government, the NSRA, the County Association and many of the other leagues & clubs in due course and we will publish updates as and when they become available. In the light of these developments, the committee is actively looking into the possibility of, and a timetable for, re-opening the club.
As of 7 July we have received the following information regarding extensions, timetables and cancellations for this and future seasons.
Winter Season 2019-20
Most competitions have finished but there are a few exceptions:
- Extensions have been granted for NSRA competitions until 31 August. For EGTSC, this is mainly relevant for the 50m competition where the team are due to re-shoot round 5 at some point.
- The deadline for stage 2 of the NSRA/Eley competition has been extended until 21 September. The final will change to a postal shoot on the home range with a closing date of 30 November.
- Sussex rounds 11-14: extensions were originally granted until end of June - we await further updates
- We await further information regarding the re-arrangement (or otherwise) of the Sussex, Eastbourne & City finals.
Summer Season 2020
- The NSRA have cancelled all team and individual leagues for the Summer season.
- The NSRA are offering 50m and 100yd individual any sight competitions but EGTSC cannot guarantee that we will be able to confirm range availability before the closing date for entries which is 15 July.
- West Kent rounds 1-3: This competition had already started and extensions were granted until 1 June. The situation was to be reviewed in May but lockdown obviously postponed this and we are still waiting further information.
- The NSRA website carries an announcement for the Worthing & West Sussex Summer Open. This is to be a postal competition. Entries by 31 July, shoot before end September.
- We are not aware of any other Summer competitions at the moment.
Winter Season 2020-21
- At the beginning of lockdown, the NSRA proposed starting the Winter season in October, running through to April 2021. This has not been confirmed, but the other announcements recently would fit in with this timetable.
Until we meet again, take care and stay safe.
If any member needs any assistance during the shutdown period please contact a member of the committee.
NSRA Scorers Courses
Further details of the course are here.
If you are interested in attending a course, please contact Mike Kettle.
Latest Competitions Update here.
FREE DONATION for East Grinstead TSC whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday.
Rifles for Sale
There are a few members rifles for sale, so if you are in the market for your own rifle, speak to Peter Watson who will be able to advise.
Club Classified Ads
The club uses Sport Shooters Clubhouse for this purpose.