EasyFundRaising20 Jan 2019
What is Easyfundraising?
Whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising a free donation for East Grinstead TSC.
There are over 3,500 retailers including Amazon, Argos, Ebay, John Lewis, Aviva, thetrainline and Sainsbury’s that belong to the scheme. They will donate a percentage of the amount you spend to the club to say thank you for shopping with them.
It’s really simple, and doesn’t cost you anything.
Does it Work with other Loyalty Schemes?
Is it Secure?
Yes. EGTSC cannot see it's supporters. We just get a summary of the value of donations received.
How's it Work?
All you have to do is:
2. Sign up for free. If you use the link above we also get a small bonus donation from easyfundraising.
3. Get shopping – your donations will be collected by easyfundraising and automatically sent to East Grinstead TSC. It couldn’t be easier!
There are no catches or hidden charges and the club will be really grateful for your donations.
Thank you for your support.
If you decide to start your own fundraising page for your own cause please use the above link and we'll get a referral fee.
The 60 second video below makes it more complicated than it is. If you download the browser addin you get a small icon in the top right hand corner like this:
When you go to a website Easyfundraising pops up to see if you want to activate a donation like this:
You have 3 options:
- Ignore it - it will dissappear after a few seconds.
- Click "Activate Later" - It will disappear.
- Click "Activate" - You get a confirmation that Easyfundraising has activated and you shop as normal. The donation just works in the background.
Simplest thing to do is "activate" even if you only intend to browse. Then if you do find something you want to buy the donation is already set up. If you just browse and don't buy that's ok too. This avoids inadvertently not activating a donation! (I might know someone that did that but I couldn't possibly say.)
This short video explains how simple it is and it doesn't cost you anything – http://efraising.org/q2DfJTlijK.
Plus, easyfundraising will donate £5 to us for every new supporter who joins and raises their first £5!
Donations Look Small - Is it worth it?
Yes, very much so. It's FREE MONEY for the club. As a single donation 0.5% doesn't look very mutch. We have nearly 80 members. In the first 3 months of using it 4 of us registered and raised £27.
While most donations are small there are some that provide a significant amount of free money. Things like mobile phones, holidays, insurances, broadband, and travel money all tend to give big donations.
Ones I've found include:
www.pcworld.co.uk - donation reminder doesn't pop up.
www.currys.co.uk - donation reminder pops up ok.
So if you want a new laptop go in via currys!
- Amazon - Pop up reminder doesn't work. Click on the EasyFundRaising Icon in the top right of your browser and then click on the Amazon icon.